Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Years Resolutions. Ish.

Here is my beef with new years resolutions. The bridge between december and january does not exactly feel like a transition significant enough for the whole world. Why don't we have start of the school year resolutions? Anyway, so I was thinking that even though I don't really ever make any New Years Resolutions, I have no objection to making some start of term resolutions. I already have a bunch of goals written down semester by semester, but I came up with some new stuff.  So, I found out today that I got on the Dean's List last semester, (which only requires like a 3.6 or something so really its not that cool) and I think that is a trend that needs to continue. Mostly because anything less than a 3.6 makes me hyperventilate a little bit. Also, the goal for the semester is to find a job. This goal seems somewhat promising. I have high hopes. And lastly, while I was home for Christmas this man in my ward taught sunday school and shared a challenge given by someone important who I can't remember right now to read the book of mormon three times in three months. And he is doing it. Now, that seems insane to me because I was the loser who never finished march madness even once, but I think that I will make it a goal to at least do the whole book of mormon in a month thing. I made a deal with myself. I will read the entire book of mormon this month, and if, at the end of the month, I am still jobless ( please no!) I must and will continue for the whole quarterly reading marathon. This is a high standard. Sort of presumptuously ambitious. It is kind of exciting to take on big projects that kill you until you get up and kick their butt. So here goes another one. Happy spring semester everybody.

Into the breach once more. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for validating my existence, you lovely person!