Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Unwritten Rules

So sometimes I feel like college is less about classes and jobs and papers and more about the art of social norms and unwritten rules. There are a lot of those. I am learning that there is an ettiquette to lots of things I had no idea about. For example, blogging. Apparently, people get annoyed when blogs are used as journals. So here's some news.

I think I might be one of those really annoying people who blogs all the time. Thing is, I am not really sure why those people are annoying. Who makes up those unwritten rules? Most of the unwritten rules of this life are things I abide by religiously. But this one... meh. I choose not to in this case. Besides, I'm not making anyone read the thing, right?

You know that old commercial with the guy who wants to wear the same shirt two days in a row? "I just found a loophole in an unwritten rule." Well, this is not a loophole. I simply choose to smash the loophole under the heel of my big fat, over-used blog. Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. You go Amy! I for one think blogging is journalling and whoever says any different is selling something. :)

    This is Troi, by the way.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for validating my existence, you lovely person!