Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Perks to the Carolinas

1. I will live with my family, and that means that the roommate slump won't happen. For those of you unfamiliar with the roommate slump, it is this phenomenon where every February comes a point when "we all start hating each other", according to my old roommate Katie. This hasn't happened this year exactly; we don't hate each other. We have just started using some pretty passive aggressive tactics to further our own apartment agendas. For example: the newly posted extremely polite sign in the kitchen about putting away your dishes and wiping the cupboards and the fishing to find out whose rotten applesauce that was. ( just throw it away.)

2. I will have children to make my soul happy. As frustrating as it can sometimes be, even a screaming child fighting to get away from me is like soul medicine. Emma is somehow just as wonderful when she is shrieking at you while you try to wipe the food out of her eyebrows as she is when she does her little head bob and plays hide and seek.  Also, sleepovers in the castle bed. Nuff said.

3. Driving. I love driving. I especially love freeway driving. This makes me really excited to move to the country where it takes twenty minutes to get anywhere. Double exciting because its the country. Also, my sister was telling me the other day that it snowed a teensy bit and it wasn't even sticking to the ground and people didn't know how to drive in the snow and were going three miles an hour type thing. I understand that this could be a drawback, a dangerous one. But as I just drove through the canyon on a slippery, icy road  while the wind was doing its best to blow me off the road and I didn't even slide, I am kind of excited to see people who don't know how. Because I am in a super smug mood, that's why.

Also, weekend beach outing. I am coming and you're not gonna know what hit you.
Fair warning, east coast.

1 comment:

  1. You make it sound so appealing I want to come too.

    -BIG

    ReplyDelete

thank you for validating my existence, you lovely person!