Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Awkward Encounter # 342

So this one time I was walking up the hill to work, and my earring was loose. So I had my head turned sideways and was fixing it as I walked past the fraternity house with the basketball court by the sidewalk. I guess I was tired enough that I wasn't internalizing the images my eyes were taking in, cause I didn't notice that I was walking past a bunch of guys playing basketball with no shirts on until one of them waved, winked and yelled, "See anything you like?"

It was at this point that I realized that my head, turned solidly in their direction, gave the impression that I was checking them out. So after a timid wave back, I figured I might as well have some fun with it, and I winked back and nodded before continuing on my merry way.

The pure awkwardness of the moment gave me a nice bubbly feeling*, matched only by the one produced when I realized that that boy was flirting with me. Snap. Endorphins. Suddenly the rest of my day was a whole lot more fun. And that is the power of flirting.

*Since the implementation of the Awkward Hands Theory into my daily life, I find that awkward experiences no longer horrify me. In fact, I kinda thrive on awkwardness. Hence the bubble feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for validating my existence, you lovely person!